[Bf-committers] [Patch] Draw object in BoundBox when transform

Campbell Barton cbarton at metavr.com
Wed Mar 30 16:27:17 CEST 2005

This is realy nice idea- good work!

Jonathan I disagree- are you suggest is that the scene will draw in
'slow' mode for a 1 or 2 frames. do a speed test. and based on that
test. optimize the scene.

This will
a) Run jerky then smoothly (assuming a decission is made to optimize).
B) Timing tests may be inaccurate CPU may be under heavy usage by some
other app while the tests are being made. the Process my be irratic and
not a good banchmark of system load.
Timing Every frame (Nagate option a) would jump into bounding box mode
part way through, or jump in and our depending on how its coded.
C) Id rather have controle myself.

Another note about a) I have scenes then refresh as low as 1 frame a
secont on my late model nvidia.
If I had to wait 1 second for a timing test- this is alredy affecting
how responsive blender is. I know this is extreame. but Id rather Its
responsive straight away.

- Cam