[Bf-committers] meeting summary 27th March 2005
letterrip at gmail.com
Mon Mar 28 19:58:58 CEST 2005
1) Transform (+ manipulator widgets)
- A long debate proved the Manipulators need more design time on
keybinding setup, Ton will keep track of ideas and come up with a proposal
that hopefully fits all.
- Martin P will update his transform wiki todo list since most of the
targets have been accomplished.
- Add creasing to the new transform (Martin)
- Remove the old code and defines (Ton)
- Then everyone else do testing
- Review of the MMB & widget conventions, including constraints
- HEmesh (Half Edge Mesh a new data structure) is now ready for
committing to Tuhopuu - congratulations Joe Edgar.
3a) Patches: turntable (John Aughey)
Patch approved, if:
- it will have axis correction for switching from trackball view to
- it prevents 'slanting' while rotating a lot. Seems to be not a
problem with current implementation
3b) Patches: animated views (John Aughey)
This patch animates the view changes that are done view the NumPAD.
Gave mixed reviews in the meeting about usablitily or need to include
John will make a proposal for adding to Tuhopuu first, and add CTRLKEY
with Numpad as a hotkey to activate.
4) Creasing bug
Daniel Dunbar has a fix that prevents 'spikes' on certain creasing
situations. This might break compatibility with older Blender releases,
provided the artists used the spikes as a feature! Ton agreed that it's
a real bug, and can be fixed even with losing 'compatibility'.
5) Subsurf work, drawobject recode
Daniel Dunbar is cleaning drawobject.c, making a more flexible API and
switching it to use his new faster subsurf code. Docs & proposal is in
separate mail to this list.
Some issues with scons - our scons script uses an undocumented feature,
which should be reworked so it isn't used. Also the include files are
Lukep & Stivs will work on this.
We could use more volunteers for maintaining the Scons files. It is
python based, and is 'easy work'!
More information about the Bf-committers