[Bf-committers] Curve Build Effect

Matt Ebb matt at mke3.net
Mon Mar 28 05:10:40 CEST 2005

On 28 Mar 2005, at 12:55 PM, Matthew H. Plough wrote:

> Hi everyone --
>
> I'm not sure that I'll have a whole lot of time to implement it, but I
> have written up a feature proposal for a build effect for curves.  I'm
> posting this here instead of the funboard because I've dealt with
> implementation issues in the proposal.  Anyway, the proposal is up at:
> http://www.princeton.edu/~mplough/curvebuild.html

This effect is already possible - I've been doing this exact thing in a
project I'm working on, using taper curves. It's quite simple, you
animate vertex keys on the taper curve to make it grow. It's also much
more flexible than the proposal, since a) it's a proper 3D shape, b)
the ends are capped, c) you can change how the stroke of the line looks
by modifying the taper curve. i.e. in this example, I've left it wavy
to make it look a bit like a marker pen.

http://mke3.net/blender/etc/line.blend.zip

Matt