[Bf-committers] faster uv relaxtion algorithm?

brecht blendix at pandora.be
Sat Mar 26 12:12:48 CET 2005

Hi,

On Fri, 2005-03-25 at 23:39 -0700, Tom M wrote:
> I found this interesting paper that that discusses some algorithmic
> approaches for faster UV relaxation
>
> http://www.nbb.cornell.edu/neurobio/land/OldStudentProjects/cs490-94to95/ckline/warpsheet/warpsheet.html

I see (u,v) variables, and successive over relaxation on a grid, but I'm
not sure about the relation to uv texture coords?

There do exist a grid based uv smoothing method, and a mass spring
system for uv relaxation, but i fail to see how a simple student project
from 10 years ago is going to help us here :).

Cheers,
Brecht