[Bf-committers] Thank you ton

joeedh joeeagar at prodigy.net
Thu Mar 24 14:01:36 CET 2005

At 5:00 in the morning, not able to sleep, I feel the need to write a
thank you email to ton.

Thank you for creating blender in the first place.
Thank you for pushing for blender to be open-source.
Thank you for having such an open attitude with everything.  Thank you
for spending so much time on Blender.

Thank you for writting such nice editmesh code, for designing such a
useful mesh-editing UI.  The work you did there amounted to, I'm not
kidding, 50-70% of HE mesh.  I found so many solutions to so many
problems in your code.  HE mesh itself uses the same basic framework of
editmesh, but extended a lot.

I've been wanting to say this, but really HE mesh was coded by me,
rescued by lukep but based on your code, your UI design.  So I suppose
the credit should be you, lukep, and me.

joeedh
P.S.: and I know, you hate complements ton.  so shoot me, I could go on
about certain aspects of the code *cough*displist*/cough* lol. .
.curarea de ville. . . ;)

:P