[Bf-committers] Thoughts on speeding up...

Austin Benesh bfdeveloper at gmail.com
Wed Mar 23 22:55:46 CET 2005

Hi Ton,

I was looking through your thread render code and got some ideas to help the
speed of Blender. What could be done is two threads could be created, one
for interfacing and the other for rendering. Then, every time
allqueue(REDRAWVIEW3D) is called, the scene could be "re-rendered" without
actually drawing pixels and without sacrificing speed. I'm working on an
implementation of this right now. Please tell me what's wrong with this
idea, as I am sure there is something wrong.

-- Austin