[Bf-committers] Blender.org news update

joeedh joeeagar at prodigy.net
Tue Mar 22 10:49:16 CET 2005

Tom M wrote:

>Hi Joe,
>
>did you see last weeks meeting minutes?
>
>[QUOTE])Meeting minutes for external sites
>Tom Musgrove wanted to know whether it would be acceptable to have the
>meeting minutes sent to Linux Weekly News.  Ton suggested that
>'Development Digests' like those that were done on a monthly basis by
>Nathan Letwory would be more appropriate. Tom volunteered to do start
>doing the development digests.[/QUOTE]

I saw the notes, too, AND I read the irc log you sent me.  :)  Just
sortof didn't notice I gues. .. lol

>Apparently great minds think alike.
>
>There are four main areas I'm gathering information from - the blender
>wiki (contains most of the prominent projects), the elysiun python and
>plugin forums (quite a few scripts are announced there that aren't
>mentioned elsewhere), the blender developer forums (not much announced
>there), and the mailing lists.
>

>>As for HE mesh, since it's not even in tuhopuu yet I would guess that it
>>would be inappropriate to mention it.
>>

>Not sure, as mentioned in the meeting minutes I'd planned to structure
>them after Nathans - and his digests included things that were not in
>the official tree so it would probably be okay, but good idea to ask.
>

>>Also, what about the animation refactor? Is it still being worked on?
>>

>lukep is doing the dependency graph work.  The animation refactor has
>been retargeted to the next release (was in the meeting minutes of
>four or so weeks ago).
>
>If you like I can send you a list of what I have already and we can
>work on it together if you like, I'd planned to have it ready for the
>next meeting.
>
>LetterRip

Well, not sure what the point of that would be, other then to slow you
down (us working together I mean).  I was just planning a fairly quick
basic update, but it sounds like you're doing a nice and comphrehensable
one (back before I was so involved in blender, I remember the
disappointment of there being no news posted. . . :( ).

Although I'll be happy to help if you'd like, just not sure that I could
contribute anything.

joeedh