[Bf-committers] old bugs

Alexander Ewering blender at instinctive.de
Tue Mar 22 02:57:10 CET 2005

On Mon, 21 Mar 2005, zippy wrote:

> In the image open view list of files, if you just saved a file from another
> program to that same folder it will not apper in that list unless you travel
> up a directory and then back into the same folder. So if I make a change to

That's not true, you can just middle-click on the '.' directory. Also, this
is a *good* thing, because it makes the selector faster, and it works just
the same in, say, windows explorer.

> an image in photoshop the file will not show up unless I perform those
> steps..

The file will show up if you make changes. It doesn't magically remove it
from the list if you do...

> This can get annoying when you want that file fast and you have
> several other image files in the folder ..

There's also a "Reload" button...

> Also, Why do you have to press so many buttons and a slider to activate a
> transparent image files alpha channel ? Why cant there be a default button in
> the texture or where ever that just activates all of these buttons and
> sliders in one click when all you want to do is test out a transparent
> image...

Do you propose adding a "default button" for having, say, wood or glass, too?

Then you need a lot of default buttons...