[Bf-committers] Call for help?

Ton Roosendaal ton at blender.org
Mon Mar 21 12:18:16 CET 2005

Hi,

Yes we can always need more devs, the todo list I posted was a first
draft for review.
The list also was meant to map out the urgent and most-wanted issues,
there are many places in Blender unsupported and unpopular. Tweaking UI
stuff isn't that, BTW. :)

I regret we still don't have a clear roadmap in place for how to
involve new devs efficiently. Most of the time it is just based on
someone coding stuff and proposing a patch. And of course we have our
experimenting tree Tuhopuu, which has proven to be very useful.

Here's a very nice valuable page to check;
http://wiki.blender.org/bin/view.pl/Blenderdev/ProjectStatusPage
We try to work more and more 'modular' in the future, with 'owners'
assigned to specific parts who can work on that relatively independent.
These 'owners' are also the typical first persons to contact for work
or patches.

Still a long way to go for us though. :)

-Ton-