[Bf-committers] space.c refactor questions

Ton Roosendaal ton at blender.org
Mon Mar 21 11:54:20 CET 2005

Hi,

I've discussed the issue with Tom on IRC briefly. Since I'm still the
owner/maintainer of this piece in Blender, I'd prefer to act very
careful and cautious here. Minor cleanups in the code can seem nice,
but if it doesn't lead to actual new development and substantial
improvements we better postpone it. Cleanup just for the sake of it is
dangerous. However, for smaller patches Tom can always contact me
(mail, irc) and I'll help review & approve.

Nevertheless, the whole event system in general can use an overhaul,
which is another *huge* project, better not to start before someone
feels 100% familiar with the code. This then could also result in
splitting up the blender/src/ directory, into a clear & well designed
structure.

-Ton-