[Bf-committers] Python recursive search hangs blender

Willian Padovani Germano wgermano at ig.com.br
Sat Mar 19 19:57:20 CET 2005

Ton Roosendaal wrote:

> Hi Willian,
>
> I've had the python path on "//", as many paths in Blender set
> default.  This causes Blender to recursively search my entire
> filesystem and  network.... which is equal to a hang!
> Using path "/" does same.
>
> This functionality is dangerous! You'll have to add some security
> check  to find out if such a recursive system search is even useful. :)
> Also add a limitor for search depth or so...

Yes, that was stupid.  I'm really sorry about it.  I just committed a
tentative fix, as you probably read on the cvs commit msg, handling "//"
with BLI_convertstringcode, not using U.pythondir if equal to "/" and
setting limits (max depth = 3, max dirs = 30 (dirs inside each dir also
counted)).  Should be safe now.

Thanks for reporting,

--
Willian