[Bf-committers] Re: [Bf-blender-cvs] CVS commit: blender/source/blender/include BIF_transform.h blender/source/blender/makesdna DNA_scene_types.h DNA_view3d_types.h blender/source/blender/render/intern/source texture.c blender/source/blender/src

Ton Roosendaal ton at blender.org
Fri Mar 18 13:25:47 CET 2005

Hi,

And forgot to clearly state; this is an *additional* method for
transform in Blender, which should be easily turned on/off, and
hopefully I can get working very pleasant next to methods from 'old'
transform.

In many ways the transform tools in Blender really performed excellent,
especially for intuitive speed. There are situations however where a
manipulator can work easier/faster too, I've seen that for example for
character posing.

You can see it like this; we could add manipulators because:
- 30% for marketing (being compliant to market standard)
- 30% for noob friendly learning (and for visual video tutorials)
- 30% to improve useability of Blender in specific cases
- 10% it's a fun toy!

Having both methods next to each other, designed to be complimentary
(hotkey/gesture/speed/intuition vs. mouse-driven/visual/easy) can work
very well.

-Ton-