[Bf-committers] Project openings

Tom M letterrip at gmail.com
Thu Mar 17 00:17:43 CET 2005

On Wed, 16 Mar 2005 23:32:46 +0100, Ton Roosendaal <ton at blender.org> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I don't see the point. If we use gzip and a name like .blender.gz, it
> *will* be an archive. Can be ungzipped by other programs even. Can then
> be loaded in older blenders, can be compressed by other tools and
> loaded in newer Blender, etc.

Ton the point is, that if you double click on it, instead of launching
with blender (which will be the usually desired behavior) it will be
uncompressed with the program that handles your gz files.

> And what means "register 2 extensions"? For what, on the web?
> Webservers love .gz!

No talking about with the program that handles file associations on
different platforms (ie in like the Windows registry).

LetterRip