[Bf-committers] Project openings
ton at blender.org
Wed Mar 16 13:20:27 CET 2005
Time to get rid of an old todo... not only updating the 'current
projects' list, but also mapping out the 'projects wanted' (or todo)
list. Before I'll compose a CMS page and/or article for it (call for
help!) I put on the list here for review/suggestions.
I think we're in need for dev help here;
- Ghost maintenance
- Dual screen support
- fullscreen window support (Windows)
- fix event manager for non-english keyboards
- Booleans library
- just doesn't work satisfying... need new code probably!
- hopefully something that can work interactive, like drilling holes
- Mesh tools
- fix subdivide routine for edge/face select
- same for knife tool
- multi resolution editing (subsurf based)
- maintenance in Blender in general (adding cardinal/bspline editing)
- integrating Nurbana?
- UI Font library
- vertical text
- readable 3d (rotated) text...
- Subdivision surfaces
- cleanup subsurf.c code to make it more generic (e.g. providing a
generic vertex index-based subdivision output to use for interpolating
coordinates, UV, seams, colors, etc)
- add support for incremental updates
- fix methods as used now to support editmode Mesh (pointers to
- project needs coordination in general
- code is messy...
- also related to Ghost, input with non-english keyboards
- project needs coordination (docs, maintaining contacts for bugfixes)
- maintain current dxf and inventor reader
- Game engine
- need more devs, also to define future of engine in Blender
- evaluate splitting off in new project, and provide it as plugin
- is old 2.04 engine ("Enji") still an option?
- Rigid Body, ODE
- add the open source ODE project in Blender, as tool for creating
- possibly; in cooperation with efforts in the game engine
- External render support
- check on current yafray support, how to extend it for aqsis or
- Blender file compression
- Adding builtin gzip for file saving/reading
- extension .blend.gz keeps it backwards/upwards compliant
- OpenGL issue tracking
- need opengl coders to keep track of the entire UI for drawing
- for all platforms, especially Linux!
- Sun and Irix and 3Dlabs cards have swapbuffer issues still
- Blender UI work
- new icons design (scalable or mipmaps)
(+ long list... fill it in later)
Ton Roosendaal Blender Foundation ton at blender.org
More information about the Bf-committers