[Bf-committers] RC1 of VRML exporter

Bart bart at neeneenee.de
Mon Mar 14 14:34:24 CET 2005

Hello Ton,

i posted the script in some VRML related forums and getting feedback on it.

It is my idea too putting a tutorial on the Blender site "Creating Web3D
content (VRML/ X3D) with Blender".

VRML is the old standard and X3D rising so i will writing this script
for X3D output too. The old X3D script from Adrian Cheater has some bugs
that can't be fixed easy and requires Python.

My X3D script should work cross platform and python should just
recommened like for the VRML script.

A guy from the user forum that test the script told me that there is a
older VRML script out that supporting animation. When i getting it i
will include that feature too.

But now next step is writing help and optimizing and after that making
support for X3D.

THANX!