[Bf-committers] OpenEXR on windows

Gabriel Beloin gbeloin at caramail.com
Sat Mar 12 16:49:09 CET 2005

First the Scons support for this new lib wasn't finished, I submited the patch for this,
and the current plugin(/source/blender/imfbuf/openexr.cpp) is incompatible with MSVC, the problem is similar to this:
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/openexr-devel/2004-12/msg00006.html
By downloading the openEXR lib for windows, copying include and lib to lib/windows/openexr/, and copying all subfolder's file in the root of lib, and include, we solve the "file not found" error, and by adding this in BLI_winstuff:
 #define WIN32_LEAN_AND_MEAN
+#define UINT WIN32_UINT_NULL
+#define FLOAT WIN32_UINT
 #include <windows.h>
+#undef UINT
+#undef FLOAT

 #undef near
 #undef far
 we get ride of the error mentionned in the first link. but the compilation stop at final linking.