[Bf-committers] GPL or (c) infringement?

Jean-Michel Smith jeanmichel.smith at gmail.com
Fri Mar 11 20:11:21 CET 2005

On Fri, 11 Mar 2005 12:41:56 -0600, Jeremy Wall <zaphar at gmail.com> wrote:
> I think we can safely close this discussion. I think we've pretty much
> covered all the bases.

I would just add to joeedh and others who feel sick at this  ... please don't.

Your contributions to free software, digital freedom, and the tools
that allow creative and expressive freedom far outweigh anything a
jerk like this can do.  Scams happen, to free software, to proprietary
software, to philosophies good and bad, and so on.  They are best
countered by good information (as discussed here) and by communities
like this one that form to oppose such things in the best manner
possible, by creating useful, libre software that empowers artists and
other programmers to unleash their creativity.

The blender community is the best possible countermeasure to this sort
of thing that can possibly exist, and your contributions enrich it by
orders of magnitude more than it ever serves a scammer like this.

I guess that's a long winded way of saying "don't worry, be happy,"
but it really is true.  The benefits good people see from your work
are many many times greater than the inadvertant benefit that goes to
this clown.  Even his victims will benefit, once they know of blender
and its community.

Jean.