[Bf-committers] GPL or (c) infringement?

Gregor Mückl GregorMueckl at gmx.de
Fri Mar 11 09:56:30 CET 2005

On Thursday 10 March 2005 21:23, Alexander Ewering wrote:
> BTW, he must also be including YAFRAY in his package, as some of the
> images show caustics and DOF.
>
> If he isn't, his statements are fraudulent, as his luxury software
> package CANNOT produce the images he is showcasing :)
>
> | alexander ewering              instinctive mediaworks
> | ae[@]instinctive[.]de   http://www[.]instinctive[.]de

Not only that. The second modelling program he shows screenshots of is a GPLed
Java-based one I recently checked out called Art of Illusion:

http://www.artofillusion.org/screenshots

Its built-in renderer can do some sort of caustics, but I'm not sure about
DOF. And I'm pretty certain that it's not that compatible with blender :-).

Regards,
Gregor