[Bf-committers] GPL or (c) infringement?

D.J. Capelis djcapelisp at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 11 08:45:36 CET 2005

Luxuriousity has been doing this for a long time.
 The guy running it is fairly careful to stay
just on the right side of the GPL.  Looks like he
made a mistake with the images, but I'm not sure
it's even worth pursuing.

To be honest he's just some pest trying to profit
off other people's work.  I think handling him
like we'd handle a troll on IRC or a forum is
probably the best shot.  Namely: ignore him.
It's not like he's going to supplant blender, he
might end up luring a few people, but they'll
learn.

He's just doesn't seem enough hassle to deal
with, no need to clutter b.o/blender3d.org with
the stuff he does...

Besides, to be honest... he usually is fairly
compliant with the GPL and doesn't offer BF much
room to stand on.  He made a mistake with the
images but registering them and pursuing action
in court for something he can quickly rectify
won't go anywhere.

I try and think of the guy as a compliment.  He
proves to all the naysayers that people would put
their money where their mouth is in terms of
paying for blender.  (Not that this hasn't been
proven already, but I'm going for a silver lining
here.)

~D.J. Capelis~
Network Security and Cryptography Researcher.
Lead Developer of FOML:  http://foml.inodetech.com