[Bf-committers] FWD: Announcing FBX SDK v6.0 free

Kenney Phillis Jr dandel at gmail.com
Thu Mar 10 23:37:07 CET 2005

I don't think it should cause a problem if they add a plugin api for
binary input. and also, is blender going to be cpp for the next release
or c still? because the api is in cpp. look at the list of products
supporting it... Wings3D is an open source application and it supports
it... give alias some contact and also look at the various sdk's... so
far the core source is the same but only a few other files hae changed.
------------------------------ Message: 9 Date: Wed, 9 Mar 2005 17:04:34
-0700 From: "Austin Benesh" <bfdeveloper at gmail.com> Subject: RE:
[Bf-committers] FWD: Announcing FBX SDK v6.0 free download. To:
"'bf-blender developers'" <bf-committers at projects.blender.org>
Blender, but would it affect the GPL/BL? -- Austin -----Original
Message----- From: bf-committers-bounces at projects.blender.org
[mailto:bf-committers-bounces at projects.blender.org] On Behalf Of Kenney
Phillis Jr Sent: Wednesday, March 09, 2005 4:18 PM To:
bf-committers at projects.blender.org Subject: [Bf-committers] FWD:
Announcing FBX SDK v6.0 free download. While i am not very good at
programming i contacted Alias about the FBX, and today i just got an
email from them... it is attached below... in text format... i don't
know very well what you have planned, but integrating this into Blender
will help greatly with support between platforms. cdean
<cdean at alias.com> wrote:

>>    Hello,
>>
>>  I am happy to advise Alias Conductors program members, production
>>facilities, and all other members of the CG development community that
>>version 6.0 of the FBX SDK is now available as a free download on the Alias
>>web site. This is a complete and fully functional version of the product

and

>>is not restricted in any way. FBX SDK 6.0 has many upgrades and

improvements

>>as a result of direct user input and suggestions. The FBX format is already
>>a respected and rapidly growing industry standard. Now available for free
>>there has never been a better time to investigate the benefits it can
>>provide to your pipeline or product.
>>
>>FBX is the award-winning, platform-independent 3D authoring and interchange
>>format, now supported by over 30 industry vendors, including Alias,
>>DiscreetR, Maxon, SoftimageR and StrataT.
>>
>>The FBX SDK is an easy-to-use C++ software development toolkit that allows
>>developers to quickly add FBX support in their applications. This SDK can

be

>>freely used in both commercial software development as well as in-house
>>software applications. FBX can be used in any kind of production

environment

_

>>fbx.shtml
>>
>>To go directly to the FBX product pages, technical overview document, and
>>download links please follow this link:
>>http://www.alias.com/eng/products-services/fbx/index.shtml
>>
>>To view details of the Alias Conductors 3rd party developer program check
>>here:
>>http://www.alias.com/eng/partners/index.shtml
>>
>>If you have any questions regarding this announcement I would be happy to
>>speak with you.
>>
>>Regards,
>>
>>Craig
>>

>>      Craig Dean | Conductors Program Manager
>>      210 King St. East, Toronto ON, Canada M5A 1J7
>>

>>            Tel.:   416-874-8449
>>
>>            Fax:   416-369-6151
>>

>>            ALIAS | www.alias.com
>>

>>      www.alias.com/conductors

End of Bf-committers Digest, Vol 8, Issue 28