[Bf-committers] GPL or (c) infringement?

Tom M letterrip at gmail.com
Thu Mar 10 22:56:02 CET 2005

joeedh,

> Can we modify Blender's BPL license to require people to post, oh, I
> don't know, the NAME?  And maybe a link to blender3d.org, too. . .

As far as I know we have two licenses the GPL which is the open
source, and the optional BL

http://www.blender.org/BL/

The BL requires a contract from the BF, and is a closed source only license.

> It would still be GPL-compatible, wouldn't it?   Or would it?

Presumably the individual doesn't have a BL license.  So a change to
the BL wouldn't have any effect.  And such a change to the the GPL
license would make it GPL incompatible (the BSD license used to have
an advertising clause similar to that, which was removed due to
incompatibility with the GPL.)

LetterRip