[Bf-committers] GPL or (c) infringement?

Chris McFarlen chris at mcfarlen.us
Thu Mar 10 20:58:00 CET 2005

> > A 2D CAD package (that I'd like to find, so I know where to D/L it).
>
> Looks like QCad: http://www.qcad.org/

It is QCad.  Since QCad is a Qt program, and there is not currently a GPL
license for Qt on Windows, I wonder who bought the Qt license to distribute
this for Windows?

Also, on the QCad page, there is this blurb:

Luxuriousity is a Community distributor. You will have full licensed rights to
use LUXURIOUSITYCAD.
 The software is GPL/Open Source and is copyright by Andrew Mustun,
RibbonSoft.
 In addition to receiving the fully installable version of this package, you
are also given the rights to the complete
 source code and the right to modify the program and re-compile a new version
your own specifications!
 Try asking AutoDesk ® for that with their AutoCAD ® program!

How can it be GPL, *AND* use Qt on Windows?  I wonder if Trolltech knows about
these guys.

The CD cover for the CAD program is some *real* high quality work, just some
random guy in a suit holding his fist in the air.

http://images.auctionworks.com/hi/57/56902/cadlogo.jpg