[Bf-committers] Re: OpenEXR plugin for Blender :-)

Alfredo de Greef eeshlo at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 9 19:54:56 CET 2005

Hi,
As usual (and this is seriously getting in the way of
anything Blender I'm 'supposed' to do) I'm having lots
of communication problems...
The openexr code was already finished last year
shortly after I proposed to add it to Blender (I
mailed you (Ton) about that), the only thing left
being the actual library integration with Blender. I
asked help for that twice on irc but didn't get any
response, but I'm quite sure that is a problem on my
side.
In any case, never mind all that, from what I saw on
his page and from what he said, Gernot sounds like a
'real' programmer unlike me, so he probably has far
less problems with all these things, so I'm happy to
leave it all to him.
If still wanted, I will add the hdr output later after
finishing the yafray stuff (which btw uses almost the
exact same exr code (minus c wrappers) as I did for
Blender), and that should be less problematic for me
since no external library integration is needed.

Greetings,
'BigChicken' Alfredo
;)