[Bf-committers] Re: expat

Jeremy Wall zaphar at gmail.com
Wed Mar 9 15:23:54 CET 2005

On Wed, 9 Mar 2005 07:14:59 -0500, Stephen Swaney
<sswaney at centurytel.net> wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 09, 2005 at 04:36:42AM -0500, erwin at erwincoumans.com wrote:
> > It would be really useful to have expat in blender with python bindings, so
> > importers can use it to parse xml. Is someone already planning to do this ?
>
> At least one expat module for python already exists.  Google is
> your friend.
>
> > Especially on windows platform, it would be great to be able to parse xml in
> > a blender importer without requiring a full python install.
>
> I suspect ( but have not checked! ) that an xml parser requires enough
> related python modules that you might as well install the whole thing
> anyway.
>
> --

I think he means using the compiled expat library in Blender with
python bindings in the bpython api to do xml so you don't have install
the whole thing. I don't see any reason why that wouldn't be possible.
Course I don't know anything about python so someone else would have
to answer