[Bf-committers] Updated VRML Exporter

Ton Roosendaal ton at blender.org
Wed Mar 9 12:57:39 CET 2005

Hi Bart,

The notes below sound all very good!
 From open source management perspective, what interests me most is how
to improve the accessibility and maintenance of our import/export
scripts project.

Until now, Willian has proved to be the central contact for it (like
providing release notes). In bug tracker reports on import/export, I
usually also assign it to him. Still, most development on this happens
a bit hidden, behind the scenes (on the bf-python list?).

Since we release the scripts as integrated Blender functionality (and
since it's an extremely important feature to have) I guess we should
formalize this a bit more? Like:

- appoint Willian as 'module owner' for import/export scripts
- decide & promote which mailing list is the central communication on
import/export issues (bugs, fixes, proposals)
- have a good documented section on our website on this
- create a 'regression testing suite' for all files we support

-Ton-