[Bf-committers] PyThon Memory leak.

Stephen Swaney sswaney at centurytel.net
Mon Mar 7 12:09:14 CET 2005

On Tue, Mar 08, 2005 at 06:58:53AM +1100, Campbell Barton wrote:

> I asked around in the pythonj chat room and it turns out this is a known
> bug.
>
> Aside from this spesific issue, could Blender force python to deallocate
> memory once a python script finishes??
> its not running so it shouldent use memory.

If this is a memory leak, in the technical sense of the word, I don't
see what we can do about it from the blender side.  A leak means
the memory is no longer accessible from the program.  Said another
way, nobody has a pointer or handle to the leaked memory.  This means
there is no way to delete it.

This is a different situation from the garbage collector holding on
to the memory.

I would like to hear more about the problem.

--
Stephen Swaney
sswaney at centurytel.net