[Bf-committers] defualt python scripts in OSX

zippy trip at spymac.com
Sun Mar 6 01:33:12 CET 2005

On Mar 5, 2005, at 8:59 AM, Ton Roosendaal wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Apart from reviewing individual cases, we should also check on the
> current targeted installation (and dependencies) procedure for
> Blender, and refine it where possible. This procedure has been
> documented here;
>
> http://www.blender3d.org/cms/Installation_Policy.352.0.html
>
> We already have a complexity to manage, but benefit still mostly from
> treating OSX as a Unix variant. That's not according to Apple
> guidelines however, which defines helper files to be stored in
> ~/Library and /Library respectively.
>
> However, when we decide to use Library for OSX, we'll also have to use
> an installer. For Windows that has proven to be quite inevitable,
> because of the way this Registry stuff seems to work. The fact we
> didn't require that for OSX Blender I still consider as a big PRO. :)

Oh please no installer app. I like it super simple as just a drag and
drop app.

> With Python becoming more integrated & powerful, we could think of an
> alternative way to solve it though. For example by providing a
> clickable script in the install dir to copy the Python scripts to
> ~/Library/Blender/Python/ and add that to the search paths in Blender
> as first directory to check on.

Ooo this idea sounds really good. It would be very clean and solve the
edit default scripts feature... Just make sure it does not over write a
folder just incase Blender get newer different scripts after someone
has changed there own collection.