[Bf-committers] defualt python scripts in OSX

Jasper Mine jaspermine at earthlink.net
Fri Mar 4 02:23:03 CET 2005

zippy,

Only two ways to get to this folder, IF YOU MUST:

1.  Use the Finder's "Go" menu from the menu bar on the top of your
screen.  Here you enter the name of the folder in "Go to Folder" .  On
my system it is here:
/Applications/Blender3D/blender.app/Contents/MacOS/.blender

2.  You could also use the terminal to access Blender's default scripts
folder with this command:  cd
/Applications/Blender3D/blender.app/Contents/MacOS/.blender Use the
command: ls to view the contents of folder.

Why do this though?  This folder is meant to be hidden.  It works well
for install, just drag and drop the binary.  If you are trying to place
your non-default scripts here, WHY?!? If you do that, every time you
update Blender with a new version, you will have to redo the whole
process as this folder will be overwritten.

If this is indeed the reason you want access to this folder I suggest
you instead create a folder called Scripts in the same directory as
where the Blender3D application lives.  Here you can place all your
downloaded scripts.  However, be sure to point to this folder in
Blender's User Preferences where it asks for "directory to search for
Python scripts"

This is the default for all platforms (.blend), to make installation
easy.  Instead of making  an osx specific change, and, if you must look
in this folder, I suggest you try the "Go to Folder" method.  Hope this
helps.

Jasper