[Bf-committers] "off by one" error in renderdatabase.c?

Ton Roosendaal ton at blender.org
Thu Mar 3 21:25:00 CET 2005

Hi,

I tried rendering (OSX 10.3), no errors.

The Blender code you suspect also has no evidence of 32/64 bits issues,
and is in use 1.5 year in Blender without giving bug reports (if you
were right we would also have issues in 32 bits Blender versions).

> I think I know what is causing this. By looking
> how the function RE_freeRotateBlenderScene in
> source/blender/renderconverter/intern/convertBlenderScene.c
> frees the elements of the arrays R.blove, R.blovl and R.bloha,
> I conclude that these arrays are supposed to be terminated by
> an element which is a null pointer.

No that is not true. The arrays are initialized with NULL pointers, and
then all filled with data. Your proposed patch just skips the last free
entry... why would that fix your issue, and why only for 64 bits?

I think you have to dive deeper? :)

-Ton-