[Bf-committers] More Woody Goody

Chris Burt desoto at blender.spaceisbig.com
Tue Mar 1 06:17:14 CET 2005

Hi all, this is an upgrade to the wood patch which maintains backwards
compatibility (so far as I know) and also features an improvement:

The Wood Texture panel now offers a "Sin" "Tri" and "Saw" waveform
button, allowing the user to select which waveform they wish to use.
Results vary quite a lot from option to option. I'll make screen shots
tomorrow. I think this patch is actually quite nice and I've tidied up
the wood texture code a little bit, adding defines where magic numbers
existed before. Its now a bit more readable and the functions which
determine the intensity of the wood are now three separate calls
wood_sin (original), wood_saw and wood_tri (both new). So more
information and screenshots tomorrow for those interested. This still
needs testing etc, but my from my experiments its quite fun. Here's one
small sample already:

http://blender.spaceisbig.com/wood_or_steel.png

Looks a little like diamond plate I thought. Its two wood texture
criss-crossing.

Anyway.. late now! Patch is attached. Thanks!

Regards,
--Chris Burt