[Bf-committers] Re: Round 2: OpenEXR in Blender's CVS

Arne Schmitz arne.schmitz at mmweg.rwth-aachen.de
Thu Jun 30 16:40:44 CEST 2005

Am Donnerstag, 30. Juni 2005 15:59 schrieb Gernot Ziegler:
> >I played with OpenEXR and when I striped libIlmImf.a ... it is "only"
> >750 KB size big ;-).
>
> Correct, but it needs some other small extra libs like libIex, libHalf and
> libImath. :-)

I think that is not so important. OpenEXR is *so* great, that it should at the
very least be an compiletime option. I have just finished putting OpenEXR
into my renderer, and it's just great. To be able to use HDRI environment
maps and to output HDRI images is fantastic. Also great for dealing with HDR
images and converting them are the pfstools, available at the MPI
Saarbrücken:

	http://www.mpi-sb.mpg.de/resources/pfstools/

Arne

--