Fwd: [Bf-committers] Proposing Crystal Space as an Alternative to GameBlender

Jorrit Tyberghein jorrit.tyberghein at gmail.com
Wed Jun 22 08:41:46 CEST 2005

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Jorrit Tyberghein <jorrit.tyberghein at gmail.com>
Date: Jun 21, 2005 12:33 PM
Subject: Re: [Bf-committers] Proposing Crystal Space as an Alternative
to GameBlender
To: Carsten Wartmann <Carsten.Wartmann at imago-viva.de>

On 6/21/05, Carsten Wartmann <Carsten.Wartmann at imago-viva.de> wrote:
> Maybe we can even make some things better ;-)

Well perhaps. One thing I'm wondering about though is compatibility
with GameBlender or not. CEL and Crystal Space are fundamentally
different from GameBlender. Personally I would prefer to have the
CS/GE be something that fits nicely with how CEL and Crystal Space
work now but that option would most likely sacrifice on compatibility
with GameBlender. But then again I don't yet know how GameBlender
works so perhaps there is a good mapping possible.

But how important would compatibility be here?

Greetings,

--
Project Manager of Crystal Space (http://www.crystalspace3d.org)
and CEL (http://cel.crystalspace3d.org)