[Bf-committers] Thoughts on Plugins...

Austin Benesh bfdeveloper at gmail.com
Mon Jun 20 05:58:35 CEST 2005

The plugin system could use some new methods. One proposal that I have
been giving some thought to is the use of the plugin system for shade
models. There are many shaders in the world, all of which could not
possibly fit into Blender at once. Instead, the user should be given the
usual shaders (what's in there now), but then be allowed to extend
beyond those to custom plugin shaders, just like in the texture and
sequence editors. If this is too much, please tell me, as it is only a
rough proposal and can be thoroughly refined.