[Bf-committers] New text issues

Alexander Ewering blender at instinctive.de
Sat Jun 18 22:20:47 CEST 2005

Hi Matthew,

Concerning 1)

I didn't work on that, no. The problem with the Times New Roman 'k' is,
as you mentioned, several CVs with the same coordinate. You can solve
that problem pretty easily by setting Width to 0.999 or 1.001.

I'm probably not competent enough to fix this.

Concerning 2)

I don't know why this button crashes for everyone. I have looked for
bugs, and not found any. It didn't ever crash for me, not directly
after entering editmode on a new font, and not while editing.

I need someone to provide a backtrace.

Concerning 3)

You have not quite understood how the B/I/BI modes work :-) Maybe
you could reconsider the documentation. You are supposed to load
*4 different font files*, one *per* mode. So for Times New Roman
to work in all 4 modes, you would load TimesNewRoman.pfa for
B/I off, TimesNewRoman_Bold.pfa for B on, TimesNewRoman_Bold_Italic.pfa
for B and I on, and TimesNewRoman_Italic for I on.

I don't know about truetype fonts, as I never use them. Do they
contain all 4 typefaces in a single file? Then someone else should
extend the functionality to deal with those. I exclusively use
Postscript fonts.

I hope I cleared this up a bit.