[Bf-committers] Textobject: Patch is here

Ton Roosendaal ton at blender.org
Fri Jun 17 22:31:29 CEST 2005

Hi,

OK. This ain't too bad at all, so for me you can go ahead!
Couple of remarks though;

1) Reading the diff:

- in displist.c, remove the part with "tijd= clock". You can see in the
diff that was already removed by me, it causes cursor flicker on edit
in 'solid' drawmode.

- the CU_FAST implementation is indeed hackish (the trick for filled
fonts right?)

- split_font() uses OBACT and BASACT in weird ways... (dont do OBACT->)

- the lorem.c has our (c) license... can't be OK

- load_3d_text(), is this crossplatform? I never use fopen... forgot.

- a couple of more comments in code would be appreciated, like in
text_to_curve(), how this math works. Comments could help following
your thought process!

2) Compiling

- font.c, warnings "use unitialized vars"

- editfont.c, warnings "limited data range" (smells bad :)

- editobject.c, pointer/int warning

3) Using

- crash with Add Text, press "Lorem" button

Further played a little while with it, seems all to work nicely!
Some ideas to check;

- Panel composition (Matt?)
- disable 3d cursor in text editmode, and use LMB to position text
cursor
- interactive dragging of the 'text boxes'
- Maybe some default text box size to start with (or make the text
boxes be a setting on/off, with an initialize when you turn it on)

And yes, someone should fix the displist stuff. Come on, not too hard!
Nice job for someone here the next 2 weeks!

-Ton-