[Bf-committers] Textobject: Patch is here
ton at blender.org
Fri Jun 17 22:31:29 CEST 2005
OK. This ain't too bad at all, so for me you can go ahead!
Couple of remarks though;
1) Reading the diff:
- in displist.c, remove the part with "tijd= clock". You can see in the
diff that was already removed by me, it causes cursor flicker on edit
in 'solid' drawmode.
- the CU_FAST implementation is indeed hackish (the trick for filled
- split_font() uses OBACT and BASACT in weird ways... (dont do OBACT->)
- the lorem.c has our (c) license... can't be OK
- load_3d_text(), is this crossplatform? I never use fopen... forgot.
- a couple of more comments in code would be appreciated, like in
text_to_curve(), how this math works. Comments could help following
your thought process!
- font.c, warnings "use unitialized vars"
- editfont.c, warnings "limited data range" (smells bad :)
- editobject.c, pointer/int warning
- crash with Add Text, press "Lorem" button
Further played a little while with it, seems all to work nicely!
Some ideas to check;
- Panel composition (Matt?)
- disable 3d cursor in text editmode, and use LMB to position text
- interactive dragging of the 'text boxes'
- Maybe some default text box size to start with (or make the text
boxes be a setting on/off, with an initialize when you turn it on)
And yes, someone should fix the displist stuff. Come on, not too hard!
Nice job for someone here the next 2 weeks!
On 17 Jun, 2005, at 20:29, Alexander Ewering wrote:
> Here it is:
> Slightly updated documentation is here:
> CHANGES since last version:
> - To assign a material to a block of text, the "Assign" button now
> needs to
> be clicked explicitly.
> - Forgot the WKEY -> "Split text to individual objects" option, which
> available with a text object selected in object mode. Every
> character will
> be split into an individual object, original object will be kept
> (can be
> erased with XKEY)
> - There's one ugly hack to enable filled editing of text: Upon
> editmode, a linked duplicate is made, and erased again when exiting
> Ton (or if someone else knows the displist system well) should
> remove this
> and update the code to fill text objects inside editmode without the
> need for this hack.
> The UI for the new text object functions is unchanged from iblender;
> can do whatever surgery he deems necessary.
> If there are no extreme problems and objections, I will commit shortly.
> | alexander ewering instinctive mediaworks
> | ae[@]instinctive[.]de http://www[.]instinctive[.]de
> Bf-committers mailing list
> Bf-committers at projects.blender.org
Ton Roosendaal Blender Foundation ton at blender.org
More information about the Bf-committers