[Bf-committers] Slightly improved text objects, potential inclusion in BF

Alexander Ewering blender at instinctive.de
Fri Jun 17 16:13:45 CEST 2005

On Fri, 17 Jun 2005, Ton Roosendaal wrote:

> Hi Alexander,
>
> Sounds all incredible cool & useful (ok, with exception of the latin font!).
> I'm not sure at what level you like to integrate this yourself or do you want
> a code buddy to help integrating & maintaining it in future?
>
> I can help reviewing low level (dna/kernel), but what's I've seen sofar on
> IRC it doesn't look bad. :)

Hi Ton,

for you to review, I'll provide a patch as soon as I got it working (and
stable) in BF-Blender.

As I'm known for my cooperative skills, I'd like to maintain and commit it
myself - as soon as you give your OK.

Please don't be surprised that some of the code is not really intuitive. I
based most of it on the already existing editfont.c code, which wasn't
really clear to start with.

A complete rewrite should be done once.