[Bf-committers] Blender and ATI

Matthew H Plough (mplough at Princeton.EDU) mplough at Princeton.EDU
Thu Jun 16 17:06:34 CEST 2005

Ton Roosendaal <ton at blender.org> wrote:
> I *really* still would like someone collecting a
> "actively supported HW" list.

Ton,

I have been working with Joshua Doss, the maintainer of the graphics card page on blender3d.org, to make more information available on which cards work nicely with Blender.  I have been developing some Windows tools to get system configuration information, as well as graphics card information.  They are not yet ready for prime time, but they are getting there.  I will be able to do something similar for Linux once I get working Linux drivers for my video card, but at this point I won't be able to do anything for Mac or other platforms since I dont' have that hardware available.

I also have written a GHOST improvement for Windows that will deal with several reports in the OpenGL tracker.  I will send a patch to the list and post it to the patch tracker as soon as you unfreeze CVS (this might have already happened!).  Let me know if you can investigate/accept it now.

I have tested it on several systems and it has worked as advertised on each.

Matt