[Bf-committers] Module Owners Sound Off!!!!

Ton Roosendaal ton at blender.org
Tue Jun 14 12:30:47 CEST 2005

Hi,

Just want to note this; the "module owner" is not there for giving
people credits for past work, but to appoint bf-blender team members
(with cvs write rights) as being responsible for;

- bug fixes and maintenance
- be available for approving & reviewing commits of other developers in
the module
- review patches, if they're related
- define specifications and future development of the module

Or simply said, they "own" a specific part of Blender. :)

So; for Jiri & Matt the question is; do you both accept that
responsibility for the TimeLine window? Who is doing what?

For Ricki: I would prefer an owner of the entire Text editor itself,
which is very close to the responsibility of the Python team. As far as
I recall, Stephen Swaney has expressed most interest in being owner of
it.

Not to scare people away... I really would love to see individuals or
teams tackling all the parts in Blender. :)

-Ton-