[Bf-committers] Booleans library as Summer of Code Project

Ted Schundler tschundler at gmail.com
Sat Jun 11 23:41:11 CEST 2005

Um, so guess I should poke my head in here - I'm Ted, the guy who has
been working on the problem in the thread on Elysiun, starting with a
Python prototype.  It's written to produce decent results for a mesh
to be used for further low-level modelling adjustments later. (The key
problem I have with the current implementation is not that it fails
sometimes, but that it makes a mess of my meshes.)
Mine is approaching stability (algorithm works well - just some
rounding issues in one function need tweaking), and I'm planning to
start work on the C port of it this month. I hoped to have it done
many months ago, but it's a tricky problem, and my available time is
limited. Porting the algoritm part should be fairly straightforward.
Though integrating with blender will be the more difficult part, since
I haven't played around too much with its internals yet. I'm hoping to
have it all working by around Siggraph, but who knows.