[Bf-committers] Booleans library as Summer of Code Project

Maurizio Monge maurizio.monge at gmail.com
Fri Jun 10 17:39:29 CEST 2005

> > i am an italian university student in maths,
> > and i have been already thinking for some time
> > about writing a library to handle mesh intersections,
> > subtractions, etc..., and i was planning to write one
> > with the aim of being able handle well also degenerate
> > cases (ie not crash and with decent results).
>
> What about <http://gts.sourceforge.net/>?

Mh, i know about gts, and in my tests was able to make it
crash very easily with boolean operations, i wrote to the gts
ml sending a crashing test but none cared about it...
Anyway i guess that blender people already tried it before
putting a boolean library in the projects openings...
The solution may also be of improving gts, of course.

Thanks
Maurizio