[Bf-committers] Booleans library as Summer of Code Project

Maurizio Monge maurizio.monge at gmail.com
Fri Jun 10 17:27:39 CEST 2005

Hi,
i am an italian university student in maths,
and i have been already thinking for some time
about writing a library to handle mesh intersections,
subtractions, etc..., and i was planning to write one
with the aim of being able handle well also degenerate
cases (ie not crash and with decent results).
I am now happy to have the opportunity to make it fit
in the Google Summer of Code, and to help blender
at the same time.
It is also a very good thing that, if i understood correctly,
this project should (at least in the beginning) not modify
blender internals, because i have a good knowledge of C/C++
and experience with OpenGL, but i don't know blender internals.
What do you developers would expect from such project,
once completed?
I am going to apply at google with a lot a pleasure, but before
i would like to have a little more in depth insight about
what you developers think about it and are expecting.

Thanks a lot
Maurizio Monge

PS: please excuse me for my english.