[Bf-committers] Scripts in 2.37a

Willian Padovani Germano wgermano at ig.com.br
Tue Jun 7 19:45:38 CEST 2005

Bart wrote:

> There was a mistake in 2.37 shipping the new (VRML97) and the old
> (VRML 2.0) exporter. Some people ask me which is the right.

Hi Bart, that was not by mistake. The old one was left there for 2.37
just in case there was some bug still in your new one -- in many cases
only after a release we get to find some bugs, you know.  But to clear
up confusion I'll add a warning to it, probably printing to the console
and also at its menu name (something like "VRML 2 (old)") and tooltip.
After 2.37(a) we should remove the old VRML 2.0 one.

OTOH, if you're totally confident that your new one is ready to
substitute it completely, tell us and we can remove the old one now.

--
Willian