[Bf-committers] OpenGL python export script

Vio vmilitaru at sympatico.ca
Tue Jun 7 02:40:26 CEST 2005

Renato Perini wrote:

> I don't know if there is a "fully featured" Blender OpenGL exporter
> but the problems I had with that scripts I tried is they become
> "unmaintained" after a while.

Don't know if this could apply, but if maintenance becomes a problem in
a translator-type app,
to my knowledge nothing beats flex/bison. Python is great to prototype
stuff, but for something
with more meat and more performance, flex/bison may be worth a look... I
haven't checked, but
I wouldn't be too surprised if expat itself is written with bison.
If someone is interested, the bible on this topic (i.e. translate A into
B) is the so-called 'dragon book'
('compilers, principles, techniques and tools') which is definitely
worth a look.
vio