[Bf-committers] new round of warning hunt : some goofy things i cant decide on

Vio vmilitaru at sympatico.ca
Sun Jun 5 00:17:41 CEST 2005

Alexander Ewering wrote:

> On Sat, 4 Jun 2005, joeedh wrote:
>
>> Stephen Swaney wrote:
>>
>>> Functions like sizeof() and strlen() return size_t or similar.
>>> This is unsigned because the size of something is >= zero
>>>
>> just a little nitpick here: sizeof is a internal compiler keyward.
>> it's not a function.
>

> Just a little nitpick here too: it's not "keyward", it's "keyword" ;-)

I'm not 100% positive on this, but I think sizeof() is a function, not a
keyword. I just wrote
a C scanner/parser not long ago to eat at blender sources, and I don't
recall using sizeof()
as a token. On the other hand, I am no bison or C guru by a longshot.

Guys, this does start to look like we're spamming the list with useless
stuff.
vio