[Bf-committers] Import scripts quality

Kristof kristof51 at gmail.com
Thu Jun 2 01:32:18 CEST 2005

On 6/1/05, Campbell Barton <cbarton at metavr.com> wrote:
> Same here, never got it to work, tried 3 of the below formats to (not
> *.AI though)
> >
> > Hi,
> >

> > I don't know if this is only me, but especially the import script for
> > 2D Paths (SVG, PS, EPS, AI, Gimp, it seems to be the same script?) has
> > *never* *ever* worked for me on a *single* file I tried.
> >
> > I have tried saving in *all* of the above formats from *several*
> > different
> > applications (including inkscape itself, with both "Inkscape (.SVG)" and
> > "SVG Plain" option), with VERY simple shapes, and the script 1) never
> > imported anything or 2) Errored with the usual python error - check
> > console
> > or 3) imported random useless vertices.
> >
> > There are probably lots of people who try importing paths using this
> > script, and get desperate because it - at least for me - seems to never
> > work.
> >
> > Am I doing something wrong?

Well the script works fine for me (at least with inkscape); so
probably you should check the usage, and/or go to elysiun, the author
is active there. From the few tests I made with it, I couldn't see no
bug (BTW, if you go to elysiun you should put relevant parts of your
console's output, it will enable the author to correct the bug if
any).
Kristof