[Bf-committers] Import scripts quality

Campbell Barton cbarton at metavr.com
Thu Jun 2 01:07:25 CEST 2005

Same here, never got it to work, tried 3 of the below formats to (not
*.AI though)

There are other things too, some import scripts will put a mesh and not
check weather theres an existing mesh, therefor overwriting the mesh
(any other type for thatmatter).

meshtools.py only checks for unique objectname, not meshnames.

We probably need a function.
Blender.sys.getName('somename', Blender.Types.SomeType)

Will add a patch for somthing like this soon.
- Cam