[Bf-committers] Import scripts quality

Alexander Ewering blender at instinctive.de
Thu Jun 2 00:30:41 CEST 2005

Hi,

I know this is not a place to put random complaints in, but after losing
hours again and again, I feel the need to express some serious concerns
about the quality of the bundled import scripts.

I don't know if this is only me, but especially the import script for
2D Paths (SVG, PS, EPS, AI, Gimp, it seems to be the same script?) has
*never* *ever* worked for me on a *single* file I tried.

I have tried saving in *all* of the above formats from *several* different
applications (including inkscape itself, with both "Inkscape (.SVG)" and
"SVG Plain" option), with VERY simple shapes, and the script 1) never
imported anything or 2) Errored with the usual python error - check console
or 3) imported random useless vertices.

There are probably lots of people who try importing paths using this
script, and get desperate because it - at least for me - seems to never
work.

Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks.