[Bf-committers] mat_nr confusion

Alexander Ewering blender at instinctive.de
Sun Jul 31 04:06:47 CEST 2005

Hi,

I'm currently trying to make material indices for text objects work
reliably and consistently once and for all, and I'm still having
issues understanding material indices at code level.

  - What is ob->actcol *exactly*?

  - What is ob->totcol *exactly*?

  - What are things like nu->mat_nr? It seems they're the material
    index _-1_ ? How does this work if no material indices exist?
    Is it -1 then?

  - What is this ob->colbits business?

Sorry, hard to think clearly these days.

Ton, before I look for ages in the code with countless debug printfs,
maybe you could give me a few quick answers.

Thanks.