[Bf-committers] Re: [Bf-blender-cvs] CVS commit: blender/source/blender/src editmesh_tools.c

Johnny Matthews johnny.matthews at gmail.com
Sat Jul 30 21:46:39 CEST 2005

I'm thinking arrow Left/Right and Scroll up/down as the ways to cycle the
control edge

I will look into the lag issue next. I think it has to do with the inner
loop of the function evaulating too much. I need to add some sleep in there
somewhere...

Thanks for testing and giving feedback. Keep it coming......

On 7/30/05, Frédéric van der Essen <fred at mentalwarp.com> wrote:

> Woaw !
> thanks for taking some of your precious time :)
> The new behaviour is far better.
>
> But for better consistency, wouldn't it be better to use shift to slow
> down movement,
> and use ctrl+shift to constrain to .1% ?
> Also, i don't know if using the mousehweel is a good idea, maybe
> keystrokes would be better.
> Your automatic "control rail" selection seems to work nicely so far !
>
> I still have the "lag" issue. To be more specific, it looks like
> clicking or hitting ESC doesn't have
> any effect, i'm stuck in "loop selection" mode, and sometimes i have to
> wait 30sec until either an ESC
> or a click, or changing the cut number is taken in count... It doesn't
> hang the computer, i can still move my mouse,
> and the loop preview follows.
>
> - Fred / efbie
>

> >> guitargeek (Johnny Matthews ) 2005/07/30 18:37:04 CEST
> >>
> >> Modified files:
> >> blender/source/blender/src editmesh_tools.c
> >>
> >> Log:
> >> Edgeslide Mouse Movement Fix
> >>
> >> Edgeslide movement is now controlled by a line drawn between the
> >> endpoints of the 2 control rail edges. Edgeslide will
> >> try to pick a control rail pair (will color green ATM) if you don't
> >> like the edge it picked, use the mouse wheel up to change it.
> >> have to code mouse wheel down to go other direction still. Just ran
> >> out of time ATM and wanted to get this in for movement testing.

Johnny Matthews
johnny.matthews at gmail.com