[Bf-committers] Serious usability issue with extrude

Tom M letterrip at gmail.com
Fri Jul 29 23:28:09 CEST 2005

On 7/29/05, Alexander Ewering <blender at instinctive.de> wrote:

> Playing with current CVS, I notice that *sometimes*, Extrude *does*
> create a popup asking you for options, and *some other times* (when
> it does what is yet to be determined), it doesn't.
>
> I'm sorry, but this is very disturbing. I'm used to pressing E-LMB
> directly all the time, and thus i often end up with an extruded face
> on itself.

> Could we bring back consistency?

It is consistent - in that if there is only one possible way to
extrude it bypasses the menu.  Menu choices that are impossible
shouldn't be offered (do we have a way to 'grey out' popup items?),
and this is also faster for repeated extrudes.  I can see how you
might prefer the other way for 'muscle memory' purposes.  This change
was made prior to 2.37 release - odd that you didn't notice till
current CVS.

LetterRip